The user research team talk about how their findings helped shape the new Members section of the beta Parliament website.
One of the audiences for the Members pages are Members themselves. We recently spent time doing research on the design of these pages to identify their needs. We used affinity mapping to analyse the findings of 7 semi-structured interviews with Members of both the House of Commons and Lords.
The Data and Search team have made good progress over the past two weeks. In this twelfth set of fortnight notes I will try and encapsulate all those happenings!
MPs can submit questions to the Table Office electronically but the current system has many issues. One of the projects that PDS is currently working on is to improve this submission system. We developed a new interface for submitting questions, to help give MPs feedback about their questions and help them prepare before they ask their question.
Firstly our team name doesn't tell the full story. We’re not just user researchers and designers, we’re also product managers and performance analysts. Our goal though is shared: to put user needs first.
In early spring we’ll be releasing the first part of our new website. This first public step brings together a lot of effort and coordination. I’d like to outline the activities and thinking that have got us this far and what to expect from a new website for Parliament.
The Data and Search team have made good progress over the past two weeks. In this eleventh set of fortnight notes I will try and encapsulate all those happenings!
At PDS we like to push ourselves and aim big. After our visit to GDS at the end of November we felt inspired to get our user testing lab set up. Our Christmas wish was to do user testing on mobile devices by January.
We're continuing our research into members information on the website. This time, we spoke to constituency offices about the enquiries they get and how they manage them.
Our user research team spent a day with GDS observing how they run their user research sessions. It was an interesting opportunity to see the processes and methods used by an established research team and we learned a lot that could help the development of our own team.