- technology is resilient, reliable, secure and easy to use
- tools are flexible and follow best practice and standards to let us work effectively
- technology decisions are always made in alignment with and in support of business goals
Strategy in action
Move to the cloud
We’ve moved 97% of Parliamentary applications to the cloud and we're beginning to develop new IT infrastructure.
- reduced risk
- improved consistency of development and live environments
- improved reliability of services across the Parliamentary network
- improved customer service
Improved cyber security
We've taken an embedded approach that leads to improved reliability and security for Parliament’s network and its users.
- reduced risk to Parliament from cyber threats
Skype for Business
We're introducing Skype for Business.
- we're running our network on the most up to date technology
- we'll soon be able to offer video conferencing capability
- parliamentary users will soon be able to make and receive calls anywhere
We're developing a new Parliamentary network infrastructure, including the federation of services.
- improved and sustained reliability and security across the parliamentary network
- core network availability is greater than 99.999%
- improved flexibility to move staff from building to building
We’ve introduced 100 additional Wi-Fi access points across the Parliamentary estate.
- people can easily connect to Wi-Fi wherever they are and have more flexibility in where they choose to work.
We’re making Office 365 and its suite of tools including Outlook 365, SharePoint and OneDrive available to all Parliamentary users. We're providing training in how to make the most of these tools.
- we're reducing storage costs
- improving capability for sharing information
- improving the ability for employees to work in a smarter and more collaborative way
Back to the Digital Strategy main page.