- products are developed with digital outputs in mind from the start to meet user needs
- products are not retro-fitted to existing processes without thinking about opportunities for continuous improvement and thinking about how processes can be changed to fit a digital world
- digital products are so easy to use that people choose to use them
- we make sure products are fully accessible and meet appropriate standards
Strategy in action
We are working towards improving Parliamentary people data. We're expecting to deliver significant improvements by 2019.
- increased accuracy, ease of use and availability of information for use by Parliamentary staff and their business systems
We’re making Office 365 and its suite of tools including Outlook 365, SharePoint and OneDrive available to all parliamentary users. We're providing engagement and training in how to make the most of these tools.
- we're reducing storage costs
- improving capability for sharing information
- improving the ability for employees to work in a smarter and more collaborative way
Skype for Business
We're introducing Skype for Business.
- we're running our network on the most up to date technology
- we'll soon be able to offer video conferencing capability
- parliamentary users will soon be able to make and receive calls anywhere
Where we have paper forms, we're digitising them.
- we're reducing cumbersome manual processes
- we're reducing our paper usage
- we're improving the processes behind the forms
- we're better able to collect and share data
- improved user experience
Back to the Digital Strategy main page.