Hello, we're the User Engagement Lead team working in the Parliamentary Digital Service.
There are many changes and developments happening within the Digital Service - many of which have a direct impact on others working across Parliament.
Here are some of the things we are working on:
- Office 365 - ensuring you’re getting the most out of the service
- The Meridio (SPIRE) replacement - ensuring training and knowledge is delivered
- Cyber Security - helping you keep Parliament's information secure
- The new website - ensuring a wide range of users are engaged
There are seven us at the moment, although we are recruiting for more people as we grow.
- Mandeep previously worked as a Digital Account Manager focusing on Committees in the Web team and as a Business Manager in the House of Lords Committee Office.
- Louise is old school (having worked in PCD, PICT and a two year secondment on the SPIRE programme), she has great empathy with those experiencing the frustrations of understanding new technology.
- Hannah has joined us after working with a MP and Government Minister for five years and likes to keep us on our toes by talking in different accents at random.
- David has relocated from Cornwall after working on the Superfast Cornwall programme and as marketing manager for a pharmaceutical regulatory company.
- Dal likes to Dal-e-gate (delegate) and has vast knowledge of the Digital Service after working with different teams within Digital Service and also within the business, worked on such projects as SPIRE, Commons Division and being a 2015 Member's buddy.
- Andrew is our Warden of the North and has great knowledge of the estate having both worked for an MP and as an engineer "Win10 is coming".
- Nav (who is yet to join) will be starting in mid-June from British Airways (no jokes about delayed flights please).
Even though we have only been together as a team for a few weeks - we have gelled extremely well in such a short space of time. We are able to collaborate on work and ensure we are utilising everyone's strengths.
We've been asked "What exactly does a User Engagement Lead mean?". With various programmes and projects running within the Digital Service, we are there to ensure the views and voices of our users are considered, integrated and implemented in rollout plans. You could almost describe our role as a change manager. We are here to help individuals make successful personal transitions from the change being implemented. Where possible we plan to offer bespoke training and support depending on the customer and their requirements.
At the moment we are very much in a discovery phase of our work. We are ensuring we have great knowledge of our users and how we can best support them through the upcoming improvements to the Digital Service.
If you'd like to find out more, invite us along for a meeting. If you provide the tea, we'll bring the biscuits (and yes we are open to requests - although don't ask for Garibaldi - who likes those?!).
The User Engagement Team